Account Manager - Auto Market
Location: Sault Ste. Marie or GTA
Posted: August 26, 2019
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an EssoTM branded retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
As a result of continued growth, McDougall Energy has an exciting opportunity for a successful, motivated and eager individual to join our growing team as an Account Manager. Reporting to the Director of Dealer Business, the Account Manager will work to increase sales by working with our dealer business, while providing ongoing support to the Auto Market Sales Team. The position will be responsible for:
- Managing accounts within the business line, via phone/email correspondence; and some in-person meetings requiring limited travel.
- Working in collaboration with Dealer Business Accounts;
- Understanding the products & programs offered to the Dealer Accounts and ensuring the execution of these at the account level;
- Resolving customer concerns to resolution; may involve working cross functionally with various departments;
- Working in collaboration with the Territory Manager’s to maximize team effectiveness;
- Reviewing & compiling Dealer proposals in an accurate and timely manner;
- Reporting and systems management responsibilities, including some business analysis
- Maintain and build committed relationships with customers and industry associations for business development.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma with 1–3 years’ experience in sales or customer service; knowledge of the fuel industry considered an asset;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including strong written and oral skills;
- Detail oriented, and capable of producing and editing proposals with a great deal of accuracy.
- Strong negotiating, time management and presentation skills;
- Strategy development and strong analytical skills are an asset;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and retain strong customer relationships;
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills;
- A high energy, self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Salary
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health Benefits – Employer Paid
- Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to achieve career growth
We strongly encourage applications from qualified professionals from a variety of industry backgrounds.
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or email us at: email@example.com
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.