Accounts Payable Clerk
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posted: April 29, 2019
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an Esso retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club Members. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
McDougall Energy Inc. is currently looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team in Sault Ste. Marie. This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
- Checks, completes and enters invoices, requisitions, and credit memos in a high volume environment
- Assists with the cheque disbursement process
- Matches, groups and codes vendor invoices according to company guidelines
- Reconciles various statements and accounts
- Responds to inquiries regarding accounts both with internal buyers and external vendors
- Other related duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of high volume Accounts Payable experience
- Experience working with a large ERP system an asset
- Solid understanding of accounts payable and accounting concepts is required, including generally accepted accounting principles
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel skills are required
- Must be accustomed to working in a high volume/fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Post secondary education in accounting would be considered an asset
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits-fully employer paid
- Pension Plan-employer matched
- Opportunity to achieve career growth
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.