Assistant Controller - Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Posted: January 03, 2020
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are looking for an Assistant Controller to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this position is a key role in our succession planning and will be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, and managing the accounting processes related to the general ledger, including ERP system requirements and ensuring established general ledger controls are maintained
- Responsible for the Accounts Payable and fuel reconciliation functions for the Company
- Overseeing and performing month end functions, including but not limited to: balance sheet reconciliations, month end accruals, variance to budget expenditure analysis, achieving an accurate, consistent and timely monthly closing schedule;
- Maintaining integrity, accuracy and consistency in financial transactions to ensure reporting precision;
- Participating in the development and implementation of policies and procedures and maintaining a strong internal control environment to ensure compliance across departments.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-Secondary graduate in related discipline with a minimum of five years of experience in a high volume accounting environment.
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) designation considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office software products required; ERP experience a definite asset.
- Excellent managerial, organizational and communication skills required.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits-Employer paid
- Pension Plan-Company matched
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity to achieve career growth
We strongly encourage applications from qualified professionals from a variety of industry backgrounds.
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or email us at: email@example.com
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest. McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.