Posted: September 07, 2022
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
McDougall Energy is looking for a high energy, results focused individual as a Business Analyst, reporting to Project Management Office and Continuous Improvement Manager. The Business Analyst will facilitate business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of functional business specifications. The Business Analyst will help assess, understand, and improve a wide variety of operational processes and system solutions to help the organization meet its goals and objectives.
- Manages requirements development process through elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of requirements and works to develop technical specifications and test plans that will ensure the delivery of high-quality outcomes
- Develops supporting data analytics and decision support elements of projects, to enable successful business process improvement outcomes
- Consults with management and staff to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current and future state operational processes and procedures, issues, input and output requirements
- Engages with all stakeholders to validate and clarify requirements and desired outcomes
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end users and PMO & CI in the analysis, definition, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of application systems to ensure optimal operational performance
- Analyses the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing applications, and ensures the solutions being delivered meet the needs of the business and other stakeholders.
- Participates in and/or leads Continuous Improvement activities
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information system and/or non-system changes; assists in the preparation to develop new system and/or operational changes
- Facilitates the creation of user stories and use cases, acceptance criteria, test plans, testing and training guides.
- Develops analytics dashboards to support project and solution objectives
- Helps transform data into information that stakeholders can use to make informed decisions
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role with direct experience working with Information Technology; Business Analyst certificate an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analysis, Business, Information Technology, Operations Management, Engineering, Science, Accounting or related field
- Business process re-engineering experience
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Project Management experience working as part of a project team and/or Team Lead in project
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement, process mapping, IT Controls (ITIL, COBIT, SDLC, etc.), and Lean Six Sigma
- Effective problem solving and research skills
- Experience working with data analytics and visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI
- Demonstrated ability to make timely, informed decisions; in realm of accountabilities and authority, and in consultation with functional groups and Information Technology
- Experience working with SQL an asset
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Employer Health Benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Employee Family Assistance Program
We strongly encourage applications from qualified professionals from a variety of industry backgrounds.
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or email us at email@example.com.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Applicants needing to make any accommodation requests, for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at (705) 941-9365.
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.