Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Posted: January 13, 2023
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
McDougall Energy is looking for a Business Analyst to join our Project Management Office and Continuous Improvement team as we endeavor on an exciting ERP transformation project. The continuous effort of the PMO & CI team drives a competitive advantage for McDougall Energy as we strive for improved performance in everything we do across the company. The Business Analyst will experience a unique and rare opportunity to make a difference implementing brand new technology with deep process transformation across the company. Reporting to the PMO & CI Manager, the Business Analyst will:
- Manage requirements development process through elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of requirements and works to develop technical specifications and test plans that will ensure the delivery of high-quality outcomes.
- Develop supporting data analytics and decision support elements of projects, to enable successful business process improvement outcomes.
- Consult with management and staff to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current and future state operational processes and procedures, issues, input and output requirements.
- Engage with all stakeholders to validate and clarify requirements and desired outcomes.
- Act as a liaison between departmental end users and PMO & CI in the analysis, definition, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of application systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Analyze the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing applications, and ensures the solutions being delivered meet the needs of the business and other stakeholders.
- Participate in and/or leads Continuous Improvement activities.
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes through information system and/or non-system changes; assists in the preparation to develop new system and/or operational changes.
- Facilitate the creation of user stories and use cases, acceptance criteria, test plans, testing and training guides.
- Develop analytics dashboards to support project and solution objectives.
- Help transform data into information that stakeholders can use to make informed decisions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role with direct experience working with Information Technology; Business Analyst certificate an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analysis, Business, Information Technology, Operations Management, Engineering, Science, Accounting or related field
- Business process re-engineering experience
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Project Management experience working as part of a project team and/or Team Lead in project
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement, process mapping, IT Controls (ITIL, COBIT, SDLC, etc.), and Lean Six Sigma
- Effective problem solving and research skills
- Experience working with data analytics and visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI
- Demonstrated ability to make timely, informed decisions; in realm of accountabilities and authority, and in consultation with functional groups and Information Technology
- Experience working with SQL an asset
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Employer Health Benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Healthcare & Lifestyle Spending Account
We strongly encourage applications from qualified professionals from a variety of industry backgrounds.
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or email us at email@example.com.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Applicants needing to make any accommodation requests, for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at (249)-525-5979.
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.