Corporate Accounting Manager
Posted: February 11, 2023
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Corporate Accounting Manager is responsible for financial reporting and analysis activities. Acting as the primary contact for standalone entities, you will be responsible for record keeping (property taxes, capital asset tracking), monthly financial statement preparation and intercompany account reconciliation, as well as effectively reporting results to enhance the annual planning process for these entities. The Corporate Accounting Manager will maintain intercompany account reconciliations and proactively support the integration of standalone entities into our ERP system.
- Monitor intercompany transactions for appropriate accounting treatment of intercompany activity.
- Prepare intercompany elimination entries for each fiscal period.
- Key lead in external audit.
- Support financial statement reporting for these entities.
- Maintain or monitor balance sheet reconciliations for accounts are reconciled monthly at each standalone.
- Upload Trial Balances into Adaptive.
- Coordinate month end closing activities for standalones including monthly operating expense reviews.
- Support Retail Management Team with any required analysis on margins.
- Review operating expense for Retail Sites and educate as required on account definitions.
- Support education on account definitions across all entities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance, with 5-7 years in an analyst role; Accounting designation preferred
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail required
- Advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office software products required; ERP experience a definite asset
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Solid organizational, planning and self-management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust to changing business priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salary
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or send a resume by email us to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.