Director, Dealer Business - Ontario
Posted: October 16, 2019
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an EssoTM branded retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Reporting to the Vice President, Auto Market, the Director, Dealer Business will be responsible for growing our Ontario retail gasoline dealer network. As a key member of McDougall Energy’s management team this role will contribute to the development of a high performing sales workforce to aggressively grow our customer base in a competitive business to business sales environment. The Director, Dealer Business will:
- Contribute to the development, implementation and communication of a growth strategy for the retail gasoline dealer network, while servicing existing Esso-branded dealers, Pump-branded dealers and other unbranded dealers within the Company’s network.
- Ensure all company and branded supplier programs (ie. brand and signage standards, loyalty and fleet programs, specials and promotions) are implemented throughout our dealer network and to monitor and report results and trends in accordance with both company policy and within contractual obligations to suppliers.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with key fuel suppliers, food partners and other strategic partners associated with the Company’s branded dealer business.
- Manage and develop a highly engaged and effective sales team to prospect, target and contract with new retail gasoline dealers, while delivering outstanding results for and service to existing dealers.
- Work closely with Human Resources to develop solutions that inspire and engage sales team at all levels and develop a solid pipeline of future sales leaders.
- Establish clear targets and goals to achieve volume and margin forecasts for all markets in which we operate to ensure sales results; conduct analysis to gain a strong understanding of business and customer intelligence in specific markets to maximize volume, margins and dealer growth.
- Solicit and review feedback from dealers to expand understanding of business issues and design initiatives to improve and grow our offer to dealers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong leadership and management skills with a minimum of 5 - 8 years sales management experience, preferably in a progressive business to business sales environment.
- University degree in business or related field or equivalent related experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on sales commitments within a highly competitive market.
- Strong people management skills including ability to predict future talent needs; identify and attract top talent; assess current and potential performance; mentor, coach, develop, engage and retain top talent.
- Knowledge and ability to execute on sales goals and revenue expectations.
- Strong analytical skills in addition to exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Salary/Bonus eligibility
- Health Benefits-Employer Paid
- Pension Plan (Company matched)
- Opportunity to achieve career growth within a rapidly growing business
We strongly encourage applications from qualified sales professionals from a variety of industry backgrounds.
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest in advance.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work to meet your needs.