Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posted: August 06, 2020
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an EssoTM branded retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to providing the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Reporting to the VP Information Technology, Marketing and CI, the Director Information Technology (IT) will be responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and designing all operational activities of the IT department. As a key member of McDougall Energy’s management team, this role will contribute to the development of enhanced business operations.
- Develop strategic plans for information technology initiatives that align with company objectives
- Establish clear systems operating procedures to enforce compliance of IT policy
- Work closely with management and internal departments to understand their needs and ensure the customer experience is positive and seamless from a technology perspective
- Identify data and business systems in support of continued growth initiatives and for improved efficiencies and business decisions
- Manage and develop a highly engaged and effective IT team
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Business Computer Information Systems or related field
- Demonstrated experience in design, programming and implementation of enterprise systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading an IT team at a senior level
- Demonstrated knowledge of business intelligence and use of Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Demonstrated Project Management experience
- Demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams, naturally motivate and influence others
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain successful cross-functional working relationships
- Superior organization and prioritization skills; committed to deadlines
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of IT Controls (ITIL, COBIT, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Privacy and Confidentiality in the workplace
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company-paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.