Dispatcher - Burford, ON
Location: Burford, ON
Posted: August 11, 2020
COME GROW WITH US!
Are you interested in joining “A great workplace” where you Trust the people you work for, have Pride in what you do, Enjoy the people you work with and can be a Difference Maker?
If so, get ready to take your career to the next level!!
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an EssoTM branded retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to providing the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are currently looking for an experienced DISPATCHER to join our team in our BURFORD operation. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for:
- Planning, organizing and dispatching all deliveries to maximize efficiencies and optimize equipment utilization.
- Providing direction to drivers regarding routes and customer requirements.
- Working with the Operations Manager and or Lead Hands to troubleshoot repairs and truck maintenance.
- Generating daily, weekly and monthly reporting as required.
- Communicating and interfacing with customers regarding delivery requirements, changes to schedules and any other issues regarding their delivery.
- Adhering to all company health and safety policies, standard operating procedures and established industry regulations.
- Performing other office administration duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Dispatch and logistics experience along with geographical knowledge of Southern Ontario.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organization, time management and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Knowledge of TSSA, WHMIS & TDG requirements considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of the fuel delivery industries practices and processes considered an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Employer-paid Health Benefits, including dental and vision
- Employer matched Pension Plan
- Group RRSP (Optional)
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunity to achieve career growth
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or send a resume by fax to (705) 946-1134 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted, and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.