Health and Safety Manager - North East ON
Location: Sudbury or Parry Sound, Or North Bay, ON
Posted: November 11, 2022
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
McDougall Energy is seeking a Health & Safety Manager to support, develop and implement our Health & Safety initiative for our Northern Operations. This role will work closely with all departments to ensure a safe work environment for our employees, customers, contractors, and visitors.
Reporting to the Director, this Health & Safety role will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the management of the intercompany safety management platform
- Leading, implementing, and ensuring compliance to all internal Health and Safety policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations including but not limited to the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Leading the activities and responsibilities of the Joint Health & Safety Committee, working closely with workers and management representatives
- Conducting Health & Safety incidents and accident investigation and reporting, complete analysis and provide recommendations for areas of improvement
- Conduct and coordinate monthly safety inspections, ensuring all action items are completed
- Delivering safety training to our employees as required
- Managing contractor’s safety program to ensure compliance
- Assisting in the development and annual review of our Emergency Response Plans
- Developing and communicate Health & safety initiatives, information and safety talks
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Health & Safety Management role
- Knowledge of the fuel and/or transportation industry would be considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport and maintain relationships
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and deliver effectively in a fast-paced environment as well as the ability to adjust to changing business priorities
- Ability to travel
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- Opportunity to achieve career growth
- Paid vacation
- Employer paid Health and Dental benefits
- Employer matched RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
We strongly encourage applications from a variety of industry backgrounds to apply.
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.