Human Resources Manager
Location: Concord, ON
Posted: October 05, 2022
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY: McDougall Energy is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources and working closely with other members of the HR team and management, this role will be accountable to support and deliver HR services and programs in alignment with company objectives. This role will primarily provide support to our fuel delivery operations throughout Southern Ontario.
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Providing support to managers and employees for all day-to-day related HR inquiries and daily operations of the business
- Leading the recruitment and selection process including job postings, position descriptions, interview, references, and employment offers for all operational roles
- Assisting with the development and implementation of orientation programs and customized training plans, providing a positive on boarding experience for our employees
- Providing HR guidance and support to managers on employee performance, discipline, documentation, compliance, employee engagement and retention
- Participating in and promoting the Company at industry events such as career fairs and trade shows
- Other duties or special projects may be required in support of the business
ABOUT YOU: The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 to 5 years of progressive experience in a manager role covering areas of HR
- Knowledge of the transportation industry would be considered an asset
- Post-secondary education with a focus in HR Management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport and maintain relationships
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and deliver effectively in a fast-paced environment as well as the ability to adjust to changing business priorities
- As a requirement of this position the successful candidate must be able to travel to various Company locations throughout Southern Ontario
We offer a competitive salary, pension, and health benefits.
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.