Local DZ Fuel Truck Driver Lead Hand - St. George
Location: Local DZ Fuel Truck Driver Lead Hand
Posted: September 14, 2020
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
POSITION: Local DZ Fuel Truck Driver Lead Hand
LOCATION: St. George, ON.
SHIFT: Afternoons with start times between 2PM to 5PM
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Salary and shift premiums paid bi-weekly.
- Paid 4 to 6-week detailed training program.
- Up to $2,000 in Driver Safety Bonuses available, paid quarterly.
- $500 for driver referrals through our Employee Referral Program.
- Overtime available- paid after 44 hours.
- Start with 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Employer paid Health Benefits including dental and vison.
- Employer matched Pension Plan.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Free uniforms, outer wear, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Opportunity to achieve career growth.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Ensuring the safe delivery of bulk product to our client’s fleet, heavy equipment, generators or bulk tanks within a designated area.
- Conduct daily vehicle inspections and accurately complete related documentation.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Use a handheld computer device to monitor the flow of fuel being input and disposed from the truck.
- Completes job observations for drivers or additional training as required. Completes all required forms for training documents.
- Assist with providing support for vacation coverage for drivers.
- Planning and organizing fleet maintenance as per company policies and government regulations.
- Communicating regularly with other operation sites and multiple departments throughout the organization.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with customers and vendors.
- Performs other duties as required (e.g. organizing / cleaning; warehouse, yard etc.).
ABOUT YOU: The ideal candidate will have:
- A valid DZ license with 2+ years driving experience.
- Experience in a lead-hand or supervisory role considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to be a team player.
- Strong knowledge and proven history of safe driving, delivery and dangerous goods handling practices.
- Working knowledge of the fuel delivery industries practices and processes considered an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Numeric ability and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or send a resume by fax to (705) 946-1134 or email us at email@example.com.
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted, and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.