Market Intelligence and Research Analyst
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Posted: November 20, 2020
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
As a result of continued growth, McDougall Energy is looking for a high energy, results-focused individual to join our team as a Market Intelligence and Research Analyst. Reporting to the Vice President IT, Marketing & Continuous Improvement, the Market Intelligence and Research Analyst will lead insights and research in order to gather market intelligence and provide analysis and forecasts to McDougall Energy’s Leadership Team. This position will analyze industry trends, competitor performance and provide necessary reports to assist all sales streams. In this role you will:
- Research and assimilate data about markets, competitive offers, customer trends and intelligence to develop and define MEI’s value proposition.
- Research and analyze competitor messaging, strategies and trends to gain an understanding of target customer segments and strategies to design compelling competing offers.
- Conduct competitive analysis; provide recommendations and reports on existing and prospective offerings.
- Contribute to strategic business planning and support confidential business case analysis.
- Recommend refinement to existing strategies through periodic assessment.
- Develop, manage and maintain documentation on competitive offers for new and existing competitors and customers.
- Create reports of findings to share data and insights to key stakeholders and Leadership.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in market research and analysis.
- Degree in Business, Economics, Analytics or other quantitative discipline; MBA is an asset.
- Exceptional analytical and market research skills.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative research.
- Demonstrated ability translating analysis and research into meaningful insights and recommendations.
- Experience working with third-party analytical tools and market research reports.
- Pro-active team player with a positive attitude.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly proficient with all Microsoft Office software products.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company-paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or send a resume by email to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.