Posted: August 05, 2022
LOCATION: Sault Ste. Marie, London, or Toronto area
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
McDougall Energy is looking for a highly analytical IT professional that is able to and enjoys learning new technologies quickly, to join us as a Network Engineer. Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the Network Engineer will be responsible for effectively designing and managing the network of the Company’s diverse IT systems, and to implement improvements to IT networks to improve design, secure, and avoid service disruptions or performance degradations. The responsibilities of the Network Engineer include:
- Network design across the company including network segmentation and optimization (server and user networks)
- Network administration and documentation across the company including security event and logging integration
- Securing network with access controls, proper device firmware/software patching
- Analyzing, procuring, configuring, deploying, and maintaining physical network devices and equipment (firewalls, switches, access points)
- Monitoring health of internal and external networks and responding to threats in collaboration with IT Security Analyst
- Participating in Security Penetration Testing
- Vendor Management of network and telecom partners on varying project activities
- Enterprise telecom administration of VOIP systems, call attendants and other IVRs
- Developing and supporting PCI compliance initiatives and other third-party audit requirements/ assessments
- Engaging various third-party security councils to understand current threats and prepare preventative actions
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- College Diploma or University Degree in an IT-related field; Computer and Information Sciences, or Information Security.
- Strong experience in configuration and deployment of enterprise next generation firewalls.
- Strong understanding of IPAM, network design, static and dynamic routing, ACL, VPN, VLANs, NAT, and network traffic analysis.
- Strong understanding of SDWAN, IPSec Aggregation and routing.
- Experience administering next generation firewalls.
- Expert level router/switch configuration in various technologies.
- Configuration and integration of network events and alerts into SIEM tools.
- Configuration of network monitoring tools to assist team with day-day operations and proactive alerting.
- Experience in working with large telecom providers from procurement and through installation of new fibre, mobility and other builds.
- Capacity planning expertise on enterprise networks.
- Experience in remediation of third-party audit items.
- Knowledge of PCI requirements and auditing an asset.
- In possession of or working toward industry recognized Network certifications considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of SDLC, IT Change Control processes.
- Valid ‘G’ class driver’s license.
- Ability to work outside of regular working hours to resolve critical operational and support issues or to perform project tasks.
- Ability to travel onsite for major upgrades and work with field services to install network equipment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Employer Matched RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.