Operations Manager - Sudbury
Location: Sudbury, ON
Posted: May 08, 2020
COME GROW WITH US!
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business that has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an EssoTM branded retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to providing the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY: McDougall Energy is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our team in our Sudbury operations. Reporting to the Corporate Operations Manager, this position is responsible to:
- Lead and manage our team of delivery drivers, warehouse, dispatch and administrative personnel in their day to day activities with the operation;
- Ensure all customer service levels are met and the product is delivered in a safe and professional manner;
- Ensure route efficiencies and optimal utilization of equipment;
- Monitor and manage all established operational KPI’s, implement actions for inefficiencies and work improvements;
- Manage and control operational expenditures in accordance with our budget;
- Ensure audits and inspections are complete; ensure all action items are completed as per regulatory requirements and company standards;
- Prepare all required operational, financial and safety reporting as set out by management;
- Ensure all team members are trained; adhere to all company health and safety policies, standard operating procedures, legislation and industry regulations;
- Communicate and problem solve any reported issues with other departments to solution;
- Respond to all emergency situation such as spills, vehicle accidents and injuries.
ABOUT YOU: The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 to 10 years of progressive management experience, ideally in the fuel/energy sector;
- Working knowledge of oil, gas and liquid fuel code requirements is considered an asset;
- Proven ability to lead and motivate employees to deliver superior customer service;
- Understand of fleet operations logistics and industry regulations;
- Strong problem solving, communication and computer skills;
- Solid time management and organization skills, including the ability to effectively balance multiple priorities and work under pressure.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Salary
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Opportunity to achieve career growth
- Health Benefits - fully employer-paid
- Pension Plan - employer-matched
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
We strongly encourage applications from qualified professionals from a variety of industry backgrounds.
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or send a resume by fax to (705) 946-1134 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.