Location: Concord, ON
Posted: June 03, 2020
COME GROW WITH US!
Are you interested in joining “A great workplace” where you Trust the people you work for, have Pride in what you do, Enjoy the people you work with and can be a Difference Maker?
If so, get ready to take your career to the next level!!
ABOUT US: McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business that has been serving energy customers since 1949. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an EssoTM branded retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to providing the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY: We are looking for an experienced OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR to join our team in our CONCORD operation. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for:
- Assisting the Operations Manager in monitoring work activities, reviewing overtime, allocating drivers, trucks and organizing routes to meet customer demand.
- Planning and organizing fleet maintenance as per company policies and government regulations.
- Pro-actively identifying and communicating issues, propose and implement solutions for continuous improvement regarding processes, customer service and profitability.
- Communicating regularly with other operation sites and multiple departments throughout the organization.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with customers and vendors.
- Conducting near miss, injury and collision investigations, completing corrective actions promptly and communicating resolutions to appropriate departments.
- Reviewing and auditing driver timesheets and submitting to payroll.
- Responding to general inquiries, analyzing and resolving issues in a timely manner by promoting a positive, inclusive work environment through effectively communicating company policies.
ABOUT YOU: The ideal candidate will have:
- Community College Diploma in business, finance, operations/logistics or related field
- 2+ years of Operations/Supervisory experience.
- Perform well under pressure.
- Strong leadership and motivation skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a positive, fast-paced environment.
- Expert knowledge in the transportation and logistics industry including key terminology.
- Valid DZ Commercial Drivers License considered an asset
- Working knowledge of the fuel delivery industries practices and processes considered an asset
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Salary paid bi-weekly
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Employer-paid Health Benefits including dental and vision.
- Employer matched Pension Plan
- Group RRSP (Optional)
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunity to achieve career growth
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or send a resume by fax to (705) 946-1134 or email us at email@example.com
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.