Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posted: August 06, 2020
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an EssoTM branded retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
As a result of continued growth, McDougall Energy is looking for a high energy, results focused individual as a Project Manager. Reporting to the Project Management Office and Continuous Improvement Manager, the Project Manager will lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery of single /multiple projects within scope, time and cost constraint. The Project Manager will also coordinate and manage the implementation and integration of products or new features in line with the strategic direction of the company and IT.
- Provide guidance to the CI project team to ensure efforts are aligned to the project delivery goal
- Responsible for defining project control processes, stakeholder management processes, and project gating documents in adherence to MEI project management standards/procedures
- Responsible for prioritizing multiple projects and their deliverables based on the business value to our clients
- Responsible for identifying project status, roadblocks and milestones to the project stakeholder and sponsors throughout the project
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for improving business processes
- Responsible for motivating and fostering high performance team culture throughout the course of the project
The ideal candidate will have:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Business Analysis, Business, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience or product implementation an asset
- Strong attention to detail; flexible, pro-active and results oriented
- Demonstrated proficiency with business system and workflow analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean methodology
- Demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams, naturally motivate and influence others
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain successful cross-functional working relationships
- Strong organization and prioritization skills; committed to deadlines
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Up to date with current technologies and trends
- Strong understanding of Privacy and Confidentiality in the workplace
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.