Posted: January 17, 2023
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
McDougall Energy is looking for a Project Manager to join our Project Management Office & Continuous Improvement team. The continuous effort of the PMO & CI team drives a competitive advantage for McDougall Energy as we strive for improved performance in everything we do across the company. As we endeavor on an exciting ERP transformation project, the Project Manager will experience a unique and rare opportunity to make a difference implementing brand new technology with deep process transformation across the company. Reporting to the PMO & CI Manager, the responsibilities of the Project Manager will include:
- Lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery of single / multiple projects within scope, time and cost constraint.
- Coordinate and manage the implementation and integration of products or new features in line with the strategic direction of the company and IT.
- Collaborate with management and staff to identify, recommend, develop and implement solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Provide guidance to the CI project team to ensure efforts are aligned to the project delivery goal.
- Define project control processes, stakeholder management processes, and project gating documents in adherence to MEI project management standards/procedures.
- Identify opportunities and assist in preparation of development for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system changes.
- Prioritize multiple projects and their deliverables based on the business value to our clients.
- Identify project status, roadblocks and milestones to the project stakeholder and sponsors throughout the project.
- Motivate and foster high performance team culture throughout the course of the project.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Business, Business Analysis, Information Technology, Operations Management, Engineering, Science, Accounting or related field
- Minimum 5 years of technical work and project experience with system or product implementation
- Project management experience working as part of project teams and/or Team Lead in project
- Demonstrated experience managing technical projects, continuous improvement projects and project management principles; Waterfall and Agile
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams, naturally motivate and influence others
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain successful cross-functional working relationships
- Strong attention to detail; flexible, pro-active and results oriented
- Demonstrated proficiency with business system and workflow analysis; Value Stream Mapping, Six-Sigma, 5S, Lean Tools and measurement techniques
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills; able to lead and motivate to achieve project goals
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Employer Matched RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care and Lifestyle Spending Account
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.