Senior Financial Analyst
Posted: August 09, 2022
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are seeking a highly analytical individual to join the team as a Senior Financial Analyst. Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, this role will be a key member of our Financial Planning & Analysis team. The responsibilities of the Senior Financial Analyst include:
- Actively participate in the annual budgeting process, including coordination with various stakeholders across the organization, consolidation and analysis of results and the preparation of management reports and presentations.
- Act as subject matter expert and planning administrator for Workday Adaptive Planning; provide user training and support; assist to expand module design and reporting to capture companywide financial reporting and planning.
- Provide insightful variance analysis for selected corporate functions, including detailed understanding on variances to budget, forecast, and prior year.
- Prepare monthly sales reporting and analysis, across all business lines, focused on assessing financial performance and identifying trends that could impact revenue outlook.
- Preform various month-end reporting and analysis functions focused primarily on revenue and other gross profit related items.
- Continuously seek to introduce improvements to existing reporting and analysis structure.
- Assist with integrating of newly acquired companies into the existing reporting framework.
ABOUT YOU: The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong business acumen with ability to understand overall corporate strategy and ensure there is alignment at levels of the company
- Analytical mindset and be detail orientated when it comes to financial data
- Degree in Business Administration with a recognized professional designation (CPA, MBA or CFA)
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience
- Experience with Workday Adaptive Planning or other CPM software an asset
- Expert user of Microsoft Office products
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Employer Matched RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.