Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posted: November 26, 2019
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an Esso retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club Members. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is focused on financial forecasting, modelling and developing the analytics required to support McDougall’s growth strategies while also providing strong visibility into the performance of the company’s base businesses.
This position would join the team that currently includes a Manager, Senior Financial Analyst and Financial Analyst.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join the team as a Senior Financial Analyst. Reporting to the Manager, this role will…
- Proudly take the lead in the preparation of annual operating budgets and mid-year forecasts
- Be the primary contact for the design and maintenance of various elements of our budgeting and reporting systems
- Act as a true business partner by providing financial and non-financial results to operational divisions along with analytical support;
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to add to the collective innovative thinking that can drive new business ideas for McDougall Energy
- Build and utilize working relationships with internal business partners across the organization
- Take charge in expanding the Fit For Growth methodology across the organization where low value expenses are identified and reinvested in other areas of the business that better align with overall corporate strategy.
- Assist with the selection and implementation of new companywide budget and forecast software;
- Support the ongoing project of migrating companywide reporting from a primary excel based environment to a new BI software platform;
The ideal candidate will…
- Have strong business acumen with ability to understand overall corporate strategy and ensure there is alignment at levels of the company
- Be overly analytical and detail orientated when it comes to financial data
- Have achieved a post-secondary education in accounting, finance or business. Accounting or masters designation also considered an asset.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience
- Be an expert user with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities while keeping your eye on the prize
- Openly share your knowledge and ideas with the team
- Inherently demonstrate a high level of integrity and be trustworthy
- Be more than approachable with superior interpersonal skills
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Group RRSP (optional)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.