Service Technician - Sudbury
Posted: November 19, 2018
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an Esso retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club Members. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
Are you interested in joining “A great workplace” where you Trust the people you work for, have Pride in what you do, Enjoy the people you work with and can be a Difference Maker?
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are looking for an experienced Service Technician to join our team in our Sudbury Operation. Reporting to the Operations Manager this position will be responsible for:
- Works closely with Sales and leads the scheduling of planned install work
- Leads the installation of propane tanks and first stage regulators
- Develops excellent working relationships with contractors; coordinates with approved contractors the install of commercial and/or residential oil and propane furnaces, and related equipment in compliance with applicable codes and regulations
- Leads the installation of commercial fuel tanks at customers sites and interfaces with contractors for support as necessary
- Coordinates, schedules and completes propane gas checks and fuel oil comprehensive inspections
- Responsible for managing assets in the field and loaned equipment to customers
- Accurately completes and submits all required documentation for service calls, distributor reports, follow ups, quotes in a timely manner
- Maintains inventory of required tanks, supplies and tools
- Responsible for the maintenance of bulk plant, card lock and other identified related equipment
- Following up on all deficiencies with customers to resolve
- Liaison with contractors as required
- Willingness to become cross-trained in other duties including warehousing, dispatching etc
The ideal candidate will have:
- G2, PM3 and LP Licenses
- OBT3, OBT2 licenses an asset
- 3 to 5 years of relevant HVAC experience
- TDG & WHMIS certification
- Boom Truck and Valid Driver’s Licenses
- Strong problem solving & customer service skills
- Solid time management & organizational skills, including the ability to effectively plan service routes and optimize efficiencies
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity to achieve career growth
- Employee referral Bonus
- Health Benefits-fully employer paid
- Pension Plan-employer matched
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.