Territory Manager - Auto Market - West
Location: Southern Alberta and Southern Saskatchewan region
Posted: November 04, 2022
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The primary responsibility of the Territory Manager is to obtain new customers (Gas Station Independent Dealers) either through competitive conversion and/or new to industry development as well as maintain a network of existing independent gas station sites within the Southern Alberta and Southern Saskatchewan region. This position will prospect new accounts and develop impactful relationships with customers, vendors, and industry associations. This role requires a person who is a critical thinker that can analyze, organize, and make recommendations based on market best practices while working closely with cross functional partners. The Territory Manager can pivot with ease while maintaining accuracy and focus.
- Establish and meet growth targets for dealer sites.
- Ensure all sites adhere to contractual and company regulations and policies, where applicable.
- Provide on-site coaching and assist dealers and site owners to achieve top performance.
- Contribute to development of sales strategies and implement approaches to achieve targets.
- Ensure all reporting is completed in a timely fashion.
- Present territory results, prospects and status updates on prospect discussions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business or Marketing
- Minimum of two years’ experience in sales, experience in the retail or petroleum industry considered and asset
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate successfully while protecting the interests of the employer
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic business environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills; Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated success in living the values of McDougall Energy
- Strong understanding of Privacy and Confidentiality in the workplace
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Employer Paid Health Benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Employee Family Assistance Program
We strongly encourage applications from qualified professionals from a variety of industry backgrounds.
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Applicants needing to make any accommodation requests, for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at (705) 941-9365.
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.